Are you one of those people not content to let anyone do anything in your business? Or are you a delegator, looking to hand off tasks to people maybe less qualified than you, but freeing you up to do what you do best?
“People who use their strengths every day are six times more likely to be engaged on the job. Teams that focus on their strengths are 12.5% more productive,” according to Gallup.
That’s the fundamental difference between a do-it-yourself approach versus a done-for-you path. Each has its place; we’re not going to tout one over the other. Let’s just examine what it is you need to consider when making the decision which style best suits your small business.
Is DIY or DFY best for your small business?
- Define your role in your business. What would you prefer to be doing? Will you dive into all the minutiae, or task that out and adopt a more executive and visionary hat?
- Really interview yourself as to whether or not you have the skills required to do what you hope to do, or if it would be better to hire people who are well-versed in the subject.
- If you do hire out, try to get personal recommendations when possible, and never pay in full upfront. Schedule payments on a staged delivery basis, to ensure that the work will actually get done and that you won’t get taken for a bundle.
- Think carefully before deciding to write your own copy, in particular sales copy and emails. These are two areas crucial to your income, and if you don’t understand what you’re doing, it will show in your receipts!
- Look to keep a unified look and vision to all your online properties. When you have several people working on your business, it’s easy to lose your look and become fragmented. Stay clear about what you want to see!
At the end of the day you’ll have to make a decision which style, DIY or DFY, best suits your business. Just make sure the decision is one that’s in the best interest of the business!
Would you like a fresh perspective on improving your sales process in order to improve bottom line revenue? If so, click the button below.